Dendroboard banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yeah, I have a friend in the EU that has been doing the same. I have a spare room that gets into the high 50s during fall/winter that I might try relocating some of the epips to.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yes, that is correct.

Im going to buy a mini fridge or wine cooler specifically for my Azureiventris tads once i get mine breeding. I have a 1.2 group.
Nick, I have a bunch of extra males (my group was like 7.1 or something). Let me know if you can use them.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Nick, I have a bunch of extra males (my group was like 7.1 or something). Let me know if you can use them.
Thats a big group!
It all depends on the price. PM me.

Thx buddy!

BTW ... howre those Pepperi doing? Im still waiting for some! Lol

Also BTW ... i know not many people work with these bc of the lack of female availability ... are there still only a handful of people with breedable groups counting us?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
suppose finding 1-3 females would be hard?
Im not sure currently, thats why i asked the question i asked ...

But if i base it on the things ive read & seen over the past few months ... Good Luck ;-)
BUT ... u might get lucky!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thats a big group!
It all depends on the price. PM me.

Thx buddy!

BTW ... howre those Pepperi doing? Im still waiting for some! Lol

Also BTW ... i know not many people work with these bc of the lack of female availability ... are there still only a handful of people with breedable groups counting us?
We can work something out. Have someone local that might be interested but if not I'd consider shipping to you.

A few folks have them breeding (including UE) but they have a different line. Many of those in the US are from the INIBICO imports.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Be fun to help others keep these going, keep some extra blood around.
Yes it would.

Problem is ... to produce a 50/50 ration M:F u gotta keep the tads at a certain temp ... and bc of the lower temps the tads take a little longer to morph AND then you gotta raise em up for 6-12mo to find out how many females you get IF you have any at all.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
We can work something out. Have someone local that might be interested but if not I'd consider shipping to you.

A few folks have them breeding (including UE) but they have a different line. Many of those in the US are from the INIBICO imports.
Ok sounds good. Keep me posted on that. Ill probably take a few off of you. How soon will you know?

·
Banned
971 Posts
I have no problem with time or equipment. No issue there.

I don't breed my dart frogs now, but if I had a display that could also contribute, it would be cool.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I need some females! I'm fairly positive now I have an all male group.....calling constantly! Even have some spaces in a few different temperature ranges I wanted to try for egg development.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Best bet would be to contact Scott Menogiz as he has a group that has been breeding for a while now, and is somewhat local to the DC/NOVA area.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Best bet would be to contact Scott Menogiz as he has a group that has been breeding for a while now, and is somewhat local to the DC/NOVA area.
Thanks for the plug Ray! I've got ~12 well started, but make no guarantees as to sex. For what its worth, I had to purchase two different groups of unsexed froglets to get one female...
By the way, its Menigoz :)
Scott

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Ah, thought my freehand was off... bloody iphone!

Btw, thanks for the female at AFD. She is now HUGE. And with seven males....

41 - 60 of 88 Posts