Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Jbear,

Very nice. Did you collect these as eggs? Did you happen to take any photosw of what the egg clutches look like?

Richard.

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
cough cough.. Pseudacris crucifer.... cough

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These were collected from my backyard as newly hatched tads. I did not see any egg masses. I have a large patch of woods that floods every year. There were thousands and thousands of tads.

When was Hyla changed to Pseudacris? It makes sense as Peepers are very similar to Chorus frogs, and call side by side at the pools in my backyard.

Thanks for the correction!

JBear

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
\When was Hyla changed to Pseudacris? It makes sense as Peepers are very similar to Chorus frogs, and call side by side at the pools in my backyard.

JBear

Hyla wasn't changed to Pseudacris so we still have Hyla cinerea etc, springpeepers were moved to Pseudacris at least ten years ago (give or take a few years).

Ed

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hyla wasn't changed to Pseudacris so we still have Hyla cinerea etc, springpeepers were moved to Pseudacris at least ten years ago (give or take a few years).

Ed
I didn't mean Hyla was replaced, I meant the replacement of Spring Peepers. I must have some old books! LOL, again, thanks for the correction.

JBear

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hey Jbear,

You should submit some of your Spring Peeper tad photos to Kyle for the native amphibian photo contest. They may be little, but they are still native!

Good luck, Richard.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Richard/Woodsman-

I think that contest ended, beyond that, the pics aren't good, lmao! Thanks though! Sometimes I get good ones, sometimes I am in a rut with pics...This is a rut... LOL.

Here are some more!

JBear

Attachments

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These guys are growing VERY fast. I have traditionally used a dramatic water decrease at the very end of tad stages to encourage them(Tincs, Chorus Frogs, American Toads, etc.) to "get it done". I don't want to do this for these tads B/C the plant life is so dense, and I want to allow it to continue as is when the tads are done with it. Will cork bark and a stone island work for them? Otherwise, I was thinking about slowly removing them, and grouping them in morph containers toward the end of tad development to make it easier to transition them all. What is the best course of action?

Thanks!

JBear

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Jbear,

If there is enough room from the top of the tank, I am pretty sure the morphlets will just climb up on the glass when they're ready. Thanks for the update!

Richard.

Reactions: jbherpin
1 - 14 of 14 Posts