Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
There may look like pupae on the side of the cup but that could also be just the shells that are left over from metamorphosing.....In some cases if you have young froglets you will keep them a bit longer so you get the stunted flies due to the minimal resources left in the media....But if you don't have froglets of species like thumbs or pums then at around 3-4 weeks as the production drops off freeze them, then you can just bang on the side and it all comes out in one piece. Wash and re-use the cup.

I have used Josh's flies and I would say they are shipped at the high point of production so once you get them I would say they have about 1 1/2-2 weeks left in the culture before they need to be scraped. I freeze all of mine and dump them into a plastic bag and then tied tight to make sure if there is any flies that some how come back to life cannot escape.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I forgot to add that if you need to keep them longer for the stunted flies for feeding make sure you keep them away from the newer/fresh cultures. This way the new ones do not get directly infected with mites from the old cultures......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.