Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a bit about humidity in the terrarium, and I have a question about this. Hope they are someone who can clarify this for me?

Apparently the humidity is higher at night than during the day. How is it possible to maintain high humidity at night while simultaneously lowering the temperature, the light goes off and no irrigation? :confused:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I haven't heard that (doesn't mean it isn't true) but I think if your humidity is where it's suppose to be in the daytime, you shouldn't worry about it at night.

I mist my tanks every other day and sometimes even less often. I don't have much ventilation in the tanks, they are pretty well established so it stays pretty damp in there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't heard that (doesn't mean it isn't true) but I think if your humidity is where it's suppose to be in the daytime, you shouldn't worry about it at night.

I mist my tanks every other day and sometimes even less often. I don't have much ventilation in the tanks, they are pretty well established so it stays pretty damp in there.
I also thought it seemed strange when I read this. It must be impossible to raise the humidity at night:confused::confused: ... I do not know if it's true or not but I was confused. thanks for your answer

·
Registered
123 Posts
Relative Humidity is the amount of water vapor in the air relative to the saturation point. Warmer air can hold more water vapor and has a higher saturation point. So as the air is warmed during the day, more water vapor from plants, ground and puddle enter the air. When night comes, the temp goes down, but the water vapor in the air stays the same. So the amount of saturation needed is less, driving the measurement for Relative humidity up. The amount of water vapor does not change(until the dew point), but the measurement changes.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Relative Humidity is the amount of water vapor in the air relative to the saturation point. Warmer air can hold more water vapor and has a higher saturation point. So as the air is warmed during the day, more water vapor from plants, ground and puddle enter the air. When night comes, the temp goes down, but the water vapor in the air stays the same. So the amount of saturation needed is less, driving the measurement for Relative humidity up. The amount of water vapor does not change(until the dew point), but the measurement changes.
it means that it is true then.... but I guess I do not have to do any thing especially if I have a high humidity during the day, it will remain high or even get higher during the night. . thank you for answering :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts