Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my humidity levels have been fine for months, but my fogger broke and after we took apart the tank to replace it, i cant get the humidity back up to the 70's, ive tried blocking the screen at the top of the exoterra tank, i've tried misting but the humidity levels just keep falling. but the thing is due to the amount of fog and condensation and the natural humidity levels were i live there is no whay the humidity should be that low. ambiant here is 50 sometimes 60 and it's fallen below 50:confused:. the frogs seem fine though it makes no sense. nothing changed besides the fact that we took out the waterfall because it kept clogging, but the water-fixture (a 2 gallon pond) is still their and so is the small fountain, it's just not dribbling down from the top ot the cage any more. any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
What are you using to measure the humidity?
I would think if it is planted and you have a pond you`re humidity should be ok.
Honestly, I stopped measuring mine years ago. I give my tanks a good misting twice a day and that seems to work (for me anyway)
Rememder, you`re tanks don`t need to be dripping wet all the time and I`m not saying your`s were.

John

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was kind of wondering if the device used to measure the humidity was working correctly. Do you get condensation on the glass, if you have moss in the viv is it moist to the touch
Makes me wonder the same thing if the device was working or not.

I use clear packing tape to stretch across the outside of the screen top of the exo terra and zoo med tanks. The frogs can't get to it, its clear, and cheap.

I usually do a good misting once per day and look at the frogs behaviors. If they are out and about, humidity is usually good. Hiding or soaking, humidity is too low.

Condensation on the glass and droplets on plants are also a good indicator.

These are just some tips for the meantime.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
yea, i had one of those thermometer/humidity gauges break. It took me a week to realize my tanks were not at 70 degrees. Humidity is easy to gauge. If your tank is sealed and theres condensation on the glass, youre good. Also get yourself a IR thermometer. Cost me 20$ on amazon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts