Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys keep track of your humidity in multiple tanks? The hegro and temps at the local store is $20... at ten tanks that $200.. didnt know if there was a better or cheaper way?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I don't use a hygrometer in any of my tanks... I'm not too anal about humidity and my frogs don't seem to be either. If there is condensation on the glass humidity is nice and high, but if there's not I'll give a light misting. That's just how I've been doing it all along, and everything is going great. Also most frogs don't prefer to be literally wet, so don't mist so much that the soil gets water logged and such.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yep, i don't use one either. In the beginning before the frogs went in I had a cheap walmart hygrometer that I used to double check humidity and make sure it was good. Now I know it's a whole lot easier to look for fog on the glass though...

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
I don't use one either. Im not a gadgety type of guy. Hell, only one of my vivs even has a thermometer

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have three different meters in my one tank. they all read a different humidity. One seems to be stuck on 80, one seems to be stuck on 90 and the third one moves from 83 to 99. So I am not sure which one is right or if they are all wrong. So like the others on this board I think the moisture on the glass is the most reliable.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I agree with those that posted above. I have a meter in one of my tanks and I use it as a guage for all the rest of my tanks as they are all similarly set up. I've double checked by moving the meter from tank to tank just to be sure though. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! Hope to get my rack soon... stuff to vert my 10g should be here thursday. Then I got the 20 long for the bottom rack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts