Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a humidity gauge which I can keep outside the tank (temp measured w/ a probe which will reside in the tank). Any recommendations? Thanks.

Glen

·
Registered
707 Posts
Glen,

Some folks have said they found such a device at Wal-Mart and Target. I didn't find one at my local Target or their online store, and don't know about Wal-Mart.

This place has some reasonably priced ones:

http://allamericanhydro.com/products.php?cat=51

You can also check a garden or hydroponics store locally to avoid shipping costs. I have used the inside thermometers/hygrometers and many can't take the high humidity, so a probe one is probably a good way to go. The small Sunleaves one looks okay and seems small. With it you also get an outside temp which might be good for comparing the difference between what is going on inside and outside the enclosure.

Best,

Marcos

·
Registered
177 Posts
My friend just bought one from Big Apple, but he said that is a POS!!! It has both Therm/Hygro probes. I think he paid 35 plus shipping. Either way it worked for about a week and then the humidity probe just went crazy and crapped out. Big apple though if the only place I have seen them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was talk about these before on the board and most people said they died because they were too humid.

·
Registered
177 Posts
wierd a humidty guage that breaks because of too much humidity? ha. Very strange that they would sell a product that couldn't handle too much humidity. But I wonder the same when I saw the product. It doesn't look like it is made with the finest parts. I'll let my buddy know. Thanks

·
Registered
707 Posts
I had a Fluker's internal and the LCD layers started to disbond. It quit twice, and I had to take it apart and let it dry out. Eventually, I just took it back for a refund. I'm using a Tom's internal vivarium one right now until I get around to finding something to wire to my computer. Let us know if you find something worthwhile.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thats the problem with the cheaper temp gauges. The remote only senses temp not humidity. So your stuck with putting the whole unit inside. Then they conk out because they are not made for 100% humidity all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.