Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

I love the look of "fog" or mist in the Vive's. I have a question however. I know some people plumb ultrasonic humidiers to their Vive's for two reasons..one to add some humidity to the air, and two, to make it look cool.

Now, local DIY stores and places in the mall, like coach house gifts, Spencers, etc carry little machines that you set in a bowl of water or any thing that holds water, and it creates that "dry ice" type of fog effect. Does anyone use these in their Vives? will this essentially do the same job as the humidifier, only it doesn't have to be plumbed, you can just set it in your pond section of the Vive, and hide it under some rocks or something.

I'd like to hear peoples opinions/experiences.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!
Let me introduce you to the search feature, its up towards the top of the screen. You will probably be able to find a lot of info you seek has already been posted.
Not trying to discourage you from asking questions, it's just that if you do a search you may find your question answered already, and most likely at the same time, you will also find a lot of other usefull, related information.
Have fun!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian,

thanks, I'll try the search method. Also, I see you are from Wisconsin. It's good to see some WI folks in here. I too am from WI. LaCrosse to be exact.

Dan

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say humidifier. The foggers need to sit submerged in water, preferably in the tank, but they pose a threat to the frogs that way. Ever touched the tip of the ultrasonic foggers? Hurts like hell, trust me. Wouldn't want a frog jumping on that. :shock:

The humidifiers produce enough mist that you can just plumb it into a tank and it looks cool too.

·
Registered
210 Posts
What about if you were to prevent the frogs from being able to touch the fogger altogether? Or is having the frog jump in the same water used by the fogger part of the concern?

Bry

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You also need a large amount of water or else it gets pretty dang hot! It killed 2 FBT's that I had a fogger with!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the foggers work great in ponds but for the vivarium with living animals in it you cannot go wrong with a humidifier. I bought mine off ebay brand new in the box shipped for 20 bucks. Just make sure you get the cool mist type.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts