Dendroboard banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Dendroboard.

My name is Craig. I have been maintaining planted aquariums and other fish tanks for several years. I am very much obsessed with plants, fish, insects and just about anything associated with the micro side of nature. I am also a Network Admin and Virus slayer so feel free to ask computer related questions.

A year ago I stumbled onto a picture of a vivarium and have been researching them off and on for a while. A month ago I finally setup a 'Vivarium' and started to do more in depth research. A local Frog hobbyist sent me here.

If someone could post links to good threads on the following topics that would be great!

General info on Plants

General info on Tank parameters, water level, humidity, etc.

General info on Dart Frogs

General info on culturing Frog food.

·
Registered
610 Posts
For Plants There are some pretty good sticky's in the plant forum. I'd start there

For General info on Dart Frogs
Use the care sheets forum to start. It breaksdown typical frog characteristics, behavior and needs

General info on culturing Frog food
There are sticky's in the feeding forum that are real helpful.

I hope this helps. Good luck

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi and welcome Craig!

There’s a real treasure trove of information here, especially in the areas you want to research more. Take a look around and especially check out the many topic specific sub-forums (feeding, breeding, plants and so on). Those sub-forums are chalk full of data and long time veteran experiences that will help you gain knowledge and experiment with various methodologies prominently used. Especially check out the sticky threads at the top of each sub-forum.

If there’s something more specific you are seeking (such as homemade fruit fly media recipes) there’s a search function near the top of the forum pages. You can find nearly anything you need there. If you still have questions feel free to post and we have a lot of great knowledgeable people who like to help those just getting into the hobby! :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figured it out. Got to have a minimum # of posts to like for some reason. After about 5 it showed up!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been ghosting on hear since you told me about it. now that I am committed to the project I figured I should sign up :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome Craig!!!
Strap in tight as the momentum of this addiction takes over! Though it sounds like you know what your in for.
Kyle

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome Craig!!!
Strap in tight as the momentum of this addiction takes over! Though it sounds like you know what your in for.
Kyle
Yessir I do ;)

I have a fish room in the basement, about 25 tanks, but I'm going to change a few up for some frog action!

The wife like the frogs more then the fish anyways...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Lol
Mine too
I also love the fact that I can still get the green I love without messing with water parameters, doing water changes weekly, etc.

It will be a good move for the fish room. I will still have at least 15 aquariums up and running so I should be good anyways.

Quick shot of part of the Fish/Frog room.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup sounds like it :)

IMO frogs are way easier, hardier, etc than fish. And honestly I was not nearly into fish as much as you are. Couple of tanks nothing special as far as fish go but after a few deaths and as the wife says wasted money .... Here I am now with frogs and only the few fish my kids wanted left.
Was a good change for my room as well ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts