Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,322 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Here's an other method that works really well. Purchase a fluorescent tube cover or guard.

You can get a 4 foot clear tube that is designed to protect a fluorescent bulb for only a couple of bucks at Home Depot or Lowes. Cut the tube into sections 6 to 9 inches long. This will allow you to follow the frog around, easily sneaking up on it. The fact that the tube is clear and very thin walled, make it harder for the frog to see so it doesn't freak out as you were chasing it around. Much less stress than using your big hand. From your frog's perspective your hand just looks like the monster that ate New York coming to gobble him down. With the tube, as you get in front of the frog it tends to jumps forward right into the tube. Then you just put your hands over each end of the tube and carry it to the new tank. You can then gently shake the frog out or just set the tube down into the new tank and let the frog exit the tube on his own. Lots less stress on both you and your frog, less chasing it around, etc.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
i personally prefer to use clear plastic (like a cup or gladware) and gently nudge the frogs in, for something like moving to a new viv. i try to handle the frogs only when i need to (such as administering meds that require the frog be held)

james

1 - 7 of 7 Posts