Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I want to upgrade from front opening doors to sliding. Is there anything I should look for at Home Depot? Got $20 for Xmas gift certificate! :D

G

·
They have 1/4" white plastic sliding door tracks there that you might be interested in, you could always use 1/8" glass in one part of the track if you are looking to use thinner glass. The run about $10 for a 6 ft piece (top and bottom)

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my doors are the "front door" style, the hinges on the side. It ain't bad, I even put door knobs on. The real problem is when the frogs jump on the glass, and I have to open the tank. All they have to do, is lose their footing, and plop onto my floor. Look out, frog round up! :shock: It is a good idea though for bigger frogs.

Both my doors are 1/8". Should I put both of them on the same track side by side? Correct me if I am wrong, but that is how it works? So one slides behind the other?

G

·
yup thats correct and with this method there is only a very small gap so it works well, i used this method when i built a multi unit enclosure for my leopard geckos.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there another alternative that's "tighter?" I like the sound of your suggestion still. Do you have any kind of lock on the door?

G

·
you could use a display case lock but i really dont think its necessary if you make sure you close it. Like i said i use this with leopard geckos which are much stronger than darts by far and they dont even open the doors when the scratch at them.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like locks on my tanks, as any visitor with little kids is bound to try and "touch" the frogs, especially my little buddy from church who absolutely LOVES frogs. :lol: I guarantee little Gerard will grow up to be a herpetologist, he loves frogs, snakes, and turtles. Too young for an aquarium though!

That was the only way I could keep the door shut on my swing door, the lock. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find them today, it takes forever to look through Home Depot, especially when you can't find help. :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts