Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching and haven't found anything. my male red eyed tree frog is on the females back. he's been like that for hours and doesn't seem to wanna get off. are they mating? ill post a pic in a bit

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Sounds like it... search for 'rain chamber' and it should tell you everything you need to know about breeding setups for tree frogs. Good luck!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Definately in amplexus...with all the crazy pressure changes down there lately you should get eggs. I loved major storms when I was breeding tree frogs.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Tis the season!

Peter Keane

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome. now i need to research how to care for the eggs. anyone have a link?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
When mine lay I place the leaf egg side up on a rack that I make out of 1/4 inch hardware cloth, this rack is an inch or two above frog safe water inside a shoebox or rubbermaid tote, kept with the lid on it so the humidity stays up. I keep in room with low 70's temps and they hatch in 7 to 10 days on avg, dropping in the water from the leaves. With this method I devised many years ago you never have to worry about eggs falling in the water.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
In a pinch, I've used fruit fly cups. I take the cup place some water in the bottom and then punch a hole in the center of the cup. The stem of the leaf is then pushed up through the hole and secured with some duct tape. This then allows the eggs to have good humidity and air circulation.

Ed

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When mine lay I place the leaf egg side up on a rack that I make out of 1/4 inch hardware cloth, this rack is an inch or two above frog safe water inside a shoebox or rubbermaid tote, kept with the lid on it so the humidity stays up. I keep in room with low 70's temps and they hatch in 7 to 10 days on avg, dropping in the water from the leaves. With this method I devised many years ago you never have to worry about eggs falling in the water.
pics??????????

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In a pinch, I've used fruit fly cups. I take the cup place some water in the bottom and then punch a hole in the center of the cup. The stem of the leaf is then pushed up through the hole and secured with some duct tape. This then allows the eggs to have good humidity and air circulation.

Ed
care to share a picture?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts