Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of setting up my first rack, which will prob be a 4' wide rack with the bottom two shelves consisting of 4 horizontal 10 gallons or 15 high for pairs and the top shelf will be 4 10 gallon or 15 high verts but i was wondering those of you that use shoplights how do you keep the temp up in the tanks? do you buy a seperate heater for the tanks? as of now i've just used the heat from cf bulbs to keep the temp up and haven't had a problem but i know shoplights don't get close to the same temp as cf bulbs so i was wondering what the best way would be to keep temps up? also if anyone can post a link to a rack system that has horizontal and vert tanks, most i've found here have the custom cube tanks (too expensive for me) and vert tanks? and i don't want to put the horizontal tanks sideways because i want it to be more of a display rack system, thanks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I do not add any supplemental heat to any of my tanks. I use shoplights on most of th racks I have and they are fine. I like letting the tanks get below 70 once in a while anyway. Yesterday I had the windows open most of the day in my frog room. The air temp was in the high to mid 50's but the temps in the tanks stayed in the high 60's.
Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya well my thermostat it my house is set at 67 all day and night and currently i have a cf bulb over a 5.5 gallon aquarium and the tank remains at around 75 all day and drops to around 68 at night when the lights are off. so would a shoplight be able to do this? or would i need supplemental heating?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.