Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was re-making some clay walls and overhangs for my auratus vivarium. I took out the one female before doing so and bought another that i am almost certain to be a male. While remodeling the vivarium, i used new clay, new wood, and other stuff. I made them a log archway and new hiding spots. But now i have a question. As the clay sat for a week before i put it into the vivarium, i am wondering how soon i can put my auratus back in. They seem stressed in their little plastic containers so i want to put them in ASAP. On the other hand, if the clay will be harmful at this point, i don't want to put them into their new viv. The clay, again, sat for exactly 1 week before i made the new viv walls. If it is harmful at this point, please tell me before i put my auratus into their re-designed viv.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Unless the clay was exposed to some kind of chemical, or left on the ground to be contaminated or something, it should be fine. I make clay in larger batches and store it in a bucket with a plastic bag on top.

EDIT: also, you should let it cure for a while anyway. Don't let it dry out, but also don't keep it so wet that it's sloppy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts