Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My azureus recently started breeding a few months back. I pulled a few clutches and I have tads in cups that are just barely looking like back legs are starting (very exciting. I check every day, sometimes multiple times a day...). Anyhow, I said to myself "I have enough tads. I'll let the parents take the rest and that'll slow down their breeding as well".

Well, the male was prancing about with two tads on his back until yesterday morning, when I woke up to his calling. I check on the frogs and during the night he must have dropped the tads off and decided it was high time for lovin' because there is already a clutch of good looking eggs under a hut. Is that normal for them to breed so soon after tads hatching? Honestly, I thought they'd slow down a bit more than this. Makes me feel a bit guilty for only have a small puddle of water to deposit tads in. I'm not sure how many tads that little thing can really hold.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I've seen two and three clutches in the same dish, so yes it is normal.

If you want them to slow down you'll have to reduce misting, temps and especially food.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I've seen two and three clutches in the same dish, so yes it is normal.

If you want them to slow down you'll have to reduce misting, temps and especially food.
agreed and my vittatus have litteraly filled the bottom of a petri dish with there eggs (three clutches of like 16) now thats somethin you dont se every day

·
Registered
265 Posts
My Azureus drop a clutch of 4-6 eggs like clockwork every week so far. I plan to dry things up and reduce food this winter but the sultry jazz background music might not be helping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts