Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see in one of your other posts you mentioned ranitomeya - I find those will happily eat larger *and* smaller springtails (perhaps more so than larger frogs), so de-populating your culture and giving them some extra snacks more frequently certainly won't hurt. I feed mine a small tablespoon worth of springtails about once every 2 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
2,979 Posts
de-populating your culture and giving them some extra snacks more frequently certainly won't hurt. I feed mine a small tablespoon worth of springtails about once every 2 weeks.
Well, since springs are not typically dusted (I wanted to say "can't be dusted", but that's been debated here), and since most keepers (I wanted to say "everyone", but...) are agreed that dusting all prey items is important, then too frequent snacking on springs might hurt.

Springs are a good 'in between FF feedings' prey to hunt for, and are very important for new morphs, but otherwise should be offered in moderation, at most.

Reactions: Pumilo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Springs are a good 'in between FF feedings' prey to hunt for, and are very important for new morphs, but otherwise should be offered in moderation, at most.
Yep! Definitely not saying to offer a springtail-based diet here, but I have seen my vents pick at springs more than larger frogs (tincs, terribs, leucs) - so would just make sure to restock the vivarium population more frequently for those. A quick dust on the spot where you dropped them into the viv also can't hurt.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Every 3 days, at least! You should probably be ordering several more cultures, right now!

This has nothing whatsoever, to do with the fact that I have over 250 springtail cultures about to become available.

Maybe even every 2 days...;)

Just in case somebody takes this too seriously. It's a joke. Do not feed springtails to your frogs every 2 or 3 days.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
My large frogs happily consume springtails as well.

I don't tend to add springtails in very often, they just get eaten by all the frogs lol. Maybe once a month I'll add springtails to a frog tank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts