Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new to darts and I have a 55 gal long setup. Just wanted to know some possible combos of darts .

3 Auratus with 3 varadero
or 3 r. lamasi

3 P. Vittatus with 3 varadero
or 3 r. lamasi

3 varadero with 3 r. lamasi.

Also does anyone know which one gets bigger between the Auratus and P. Vittatus?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Im sorry but here are no combos of darts that can be done in a 55 gallon tank if you are putting 6 frogs in there. And you need a lot more experience if you are gonna do a mixed tank. Anyway, the varaderos/lamasi need a tank with more height.

For a 55 I would go with a nice group of auratus, they'll do well in a 55 long. If you want the varaderos or the lamasi, buy a 29 gallon and make a vert tank. There are lots of options that can be done in a 55 gallon long, just use the Search function and you'll come up with lots of results.

Welcome to the hobby and to the forum!

-Alex

(PS- I hope this doesn't come across as me sounding like a jerk! I'm just trying to help.)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Pick one and be done with it. Pick the species you want. I wouldn't recommend varaderos or lamasi do to the height of the tank. I say don't mix because it's not worth the risk. The frogs might spread different pathogens which might make both frogs get sick. Do some research until your comfortable with the frog of your choice, then create the tank and let it grow in. Once you do research you will find mixing is frowned upon. If you want to mix first get a very large tank and do a lot of research I mean a ton. I not trying to be mean I'm just stating my opinion that maybe shared with others.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks yall. What about p. Vittatus ,i really like those. Do they get bigger than Auratus? I'm going to post a pic of my tank in the gallery since I'm doing this from my phone & it won't let me upload them to a post. I will never take constructive criticism as being an asshole, I appreciate any help you guys give me as most people should. Once again thanks.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Probably the best advice given in this thread is to build the tank for the frogs instead of building the tank and attempting to look for the frogs that fit it best. This can go a long way towards being successful in the long run.

There are potential groups that can be kept together successfully but that typically requires a good understanding of the enclosure and how to put it together to make sure you can meet the needs of the frogs. Even some of us who have done it for a very long time, do not undertake the task lightly.

Ed

Reactions: ktdarts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts