Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving water or still water? Which do you think is best?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I have a water feature I try to keep it moving.
I don't even have to have a waterfall, stream, ect... Just a hidden pump moving the water around in the bottom.

Benjamin

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Rio 50's

We set our tanks up with Rio 50's submursible pumps. We put a layer of gravel down on top of it, and cover 1/2 - 3/4 of the tank with lf spaghum for the land area. Then the tanks are planted.

If I can get some tanks cleaned up enough I will take some pics. We have been so busy, I am letting the frogs have their privacy behind their green curtain (algae).

Melis

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Re: Rio 50's

I understand that...

melissa68 said:
We set our tanks up with Rio 50's submursible pumps. We put a layer of gravel down on top of it, and cover 1/2 - 3/4 of the tank with lf spaghum for the land area. Then the tanks are planted.

If I can get some tanks cleaned up enough I will take some pics. We have been so busy, I am letting the frogs have their privacy behind their green curtain (algae).

Melis

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
melissa68, ..........

Do your breeders lay in the moving water or in film containers? I had a post earlier but received no good info. if they lay in the moving water, do you leave them in there or remove them? Where do they lay, in the "river" or the "standing pool"?

thanks ahead of time!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have moving water in 2 out of the 6 tanks I have set up.Nothing fancy, mainly they look like springs bubbling out of the ground.They look like the bubbling oil on the Beverly Hillbillies show basically.
Mark W.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have pumps set up in about half of my vivs but only run the one in with my D. castaneoticus. Moving water seems to be essential to getting casts to breed.
These guys are driving me nuts! Like nearly everyone, else I'm only getting very sporadic breeding. I've got a new group coming soon so maybe I'll get things figured out.

Donn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts