Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been noticing that not as many people seem to have Nikitas. It's not as though they're difficult frogs. Is it just me, or are fewer people getting into these bold, beautiful frogs?

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
I have a group of three. As from what I've been told, females are fairly scarce, and they are more reluctant to breed than other tincs. Mine are not yet mature, so all I can pass on is what I've heard.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a group of three. As from what I've been told, females are fairly scarce, and they are more reluctant to breed than other tincs. Mine are not yet mature, so all I can pass on is what I've heard.
They do seem to run male heavy. I bought three froglets a while ago, and they all turned out to be male. I don't have a problem getting them to breed, though. They're...ahem...very eager.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
The pair at work breeds much more like a leucomelas than a typical tinc. Loads of eggs for a time, then nothing for quite a while. They've done this for the past few years.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a breeder pair a few years old. They tend to throw eggs every 3-5 weeks. They tend to produce male heavy. I have a young probable pair and lots of froglets..
I know, and they're beautiful, which is why I keep hinting that you should sell them to me. 'Course, I got all of mine from you in the first place and will be buying more from you in the future (if you hadn't distracted me with those red galacts, I'd have come home with more last week), so it probably wouldn't be smart to buy out my supplier.

·
Registered
483 Posts
A fiend in town just recently found out she has a pair. I will be buying a few egg clutches from her to see if I can get a female to go with my males.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts