Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to get a mistking system for myself for my b-day next month. so my question is, how many nozzles would you put in a 20H tank? i am planning on 6 horizontal and 3 vertical tanks.

thanks for the info!

jamie

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
One apiece does just fine, I only have one in each of my 18" cubes (IIRC those are ~29G)

If I could go back and change one thing, I would have drilled all of my tanks for drainage.... that way, you could increase the misting period or decrease interval to heavily mist the larger tanks without having to drain out the verts more frequently.

That being said, one nozzle will handle a 20G just fine, anything more than that is personal preference.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the feedback! i am for sure planning on doing a drain in the bottom of each, it will make it soooo much easier. one each as far as nozzles will help keep the costs down, lol

jamie

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Jamie, I put one nozzle each in my 25 slope fronts. Totally agree on the drains.

·
Registered
63 Posts
In a previous post I documented by first ever glass drilling. I have 4 20H with a double mister in each tank. I like the amount of mist, but I hate having to siphon out the water.

I don't think it would be possible to add drainage to an already established tank. You need a dam/running water to keep the drill cool. I am considering redoing tanks AGAIN because I haven't found a great way to remove the standing water from the viv.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
would it be hard to drain holes in an already made viv?
installing the inner half of the bulkhead is the main problem, though I suppose there are ways around that. it's also harder to drill the hole & keep the drill bit lubricated (since you'll either be drilling from the side or the bottom).

Either way, it's harder than doing it with an empty tank, and prepare to get messy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts