Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could I fit into a 10 gallon regular?

Can I put two different morphs in the same tank? (Auratus blue and Auratus green?)

Does anyone have any pics of 10 gallon vivariums/Links of making vivariums in 10 galloners?

Thanx

·
Registered
714 Posts
two adults at most for the larger frogs, usually it's 5 gallons per frog but you can do so much more with a 20gallon, i prefer to give each frog 10 gallons. I wouldn't recommend mixing morphs.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Depends on what kind of frog you are planning to have. Mixing morphs is generally frowned upon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What if I dont plan to breed them. And even if they do breed I wouldnt keep the eggs. (probably deposit them in the wild somewhere where they might hatch by chance :) )

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Some people do keep different species (or morphs) together and destroy the eggs before they hatch...that is possible i guess...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't even joke about depositing any non-native material (eggs or otherwise) into the wild. If you can't handle disposing of unwanted eggs in a responsible manner, then you may want to consider keeping a different pet.

You were joking right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You people wanna destroy eggs of a variety of morphs? Whaa? What ya thinking? Why do so? I mean, whats the purpose, if yoy dont breed them anymore, with anyting els? And, remember, dont collect wild caught things, and dont let them go in a non natural habitat. I was foolish to colledt wc stuff. Dont be a FOOL! Please keep the world clean of habitat mess-uppers. ( no offense to people who collect wild caught items. ) If you collect wc things, make sure there overpopulated first. :)
Paul

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
They are saying to kill eggs if a hybrid will be produced from the eggs. Such as a blue x green auratus. It would destroy the bloodlines and cause problems down the road. As for keeping the eggs, and not selling/giving them away, auratus can lay 10+ eggs once a week. What are you going to do when you have 100 hybrids that you cant sell, and you have to feed every day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats the thing, Im not gonna be keeping any eggs.

I dont plan to breed unless I can get more money/aquariums

1 - 12 of 12 Posts