Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, im in the market for a pair of D. leucomelas and im wondering how many cultures should i start and how often? Ive read that these guys eat a lot and im thinking i should make about 2 cultures every 2 weeks? I just dont want to end up to my ears in fruitflys. thanks a lot.

-Bryan

·
Registered
306 Posts
if these are your first Darts and your first experience in raising fruit flies, then start off with 2 cultures per week until you for sure have the hang of it.

For the past 3 years I have only made one per week and that works out perfect for my 3 Tinc's. Occasionally one will dry out quickly though and causes more stress than necessary for both me and my frogs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright ill give that a try then...but what am i supposed to do when i have this massive amount of ff? or will my frogs take care of the adults that i dont use for the next culture?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A wise man once imparted to me a great mantra to feed by: Never feed from a culture for a first time, before making another.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thank you for passing on the montra to me....for i shall use this montra as i wonder off into the wonderful world of dart frogs...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts