Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Since you already have that one why not try covering up half the LEDs with paper or tape or something so they don't let any light through and see how that works. Depending on how it looks you can then cover or uncover more lights till you get the effect you like and you'll know how many is god

·
Registered
557 Posts
Wow, now thats blue!

Blue light may well appear "white" to frogs.

So I would think you would only want a few at most... like five or six... so as not to disturb them.

Question, don't people with tree frogs and noctournal geckos use red lights?

Longer wavelength rays... so the animals don't "see" them?
In theory, anyway.

Something to think about.

Cheers,
Todd
LightYourReptiles.com

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I read, frogs see the entire visible spectrum of light. So red or blue doesn't really matter as long as they are dark or dim.

Sure I bought these, but I've also found individual blue LED lights, 8 for $6.00, so I don't mind spending the cash to do testing. I've got 20 tanks to light!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Konton please keep us posted as to what you find that works.
I have 2 tanks 18x18x24 side by side and I too was thinking of a blue moon light LED strip for a couple hours after lights out and couple b4 lights on.
But since I am still working on the inside of the tanks havent looked much into the LED Strips.
Just an FYI most t5HO light kits that have the LEDs only have 4 leds spaced apart prety far.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
How much do the Reptile Night Sky LED lights run? I tried to find them online but couldn't get a price.

Luckily I noticed sometimes I wasn't given an operating voltage range on this Waterproof Flexible Light Bar because it could be used with a dimmer switch. So I brought voltage down in intervals as a test. The results at 4.5 volts were pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.