Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I could have taken a picture, it would be worth a million dollars. I walk outside to meet the Fed-Ex delivery truck, the man gets out with my package that is clearly marked with arrows pointing to the side that goes up, and states FRAGILE. Ironically the box is held upside down, and the man was hopping around like a grasshopper. That goes to show how much 50 dollars for shipping really means to them lol. Thankfully my beautiful (loud) popas are allright, and the seller couldnt have been more kind.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Once, when I was mailing frogs through FedEx, the girl at the counter asked if I wanted 'fragile' put on the box. I said 'naw, that will just make them kick it around even more.' She laughed and agreed with me, lol.

·
Registered
835 Posts
a FRAGILE sticker is nothing more than a target.

Glad to hear they are OK. At least he didn't walk up to the door spinning it on his finger. The police and an ambulance would have had to show up.

Pics please !

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I will never forget the day I went to a shipping hub to pick up a package with frogs, tads, and feeders in it and the guy comes walking out of the back throwing the box (marked fragile and live animals) in the air while spinning it (like he was getting ready to shoot a freethrow), then set it down on the counter and start using it as a bongo drum and grinning stupidly at me...yes this really happened.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Omg how did the package turn out
I'm guessing you are asking me. Thanks to an amazing packing job by the seller everything was totally fine. The frogs are now putting out a clutch a week, the tads have all morphed into beautiful froglets, and the feeders are all producing very well. So, correct packing goes a long way in protecting our frogs from careless (or totally moronic) shipping company employees.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I wish I could have taken a picture of my mailman today who delivered my Cristobals. I pointed to the clearly marked " HOLD FOR PICKUP" postage label and asked, "What does that say?"

" Oh. Sorry. Sign this please."

Thankfully it didn't get nearly as cold as we expected, and the seller packed for a trip to the top of mount everest. The frogs are doing great, pics to come in another thread.

Now AFK to the post office to see if I can wrangle a refund on the shipping.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I will say that when I picked up my Varabilis from UPS, the girls up front at first didn't seem to care much, as I showed up early before they had sorted the "House Mail" but the website showed the package had arrived. But when I showed them pics from the forums on my iPhone, they had the whole warehouse looking for that box. When the girl emerged from the back with the box the only thing missing was a pillow for it to ride on she handled it so gently.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I will never forget the day I went to a shipping hub to pick up a package with frogs, tads, and feeders in it and the guy comes walking out of the back throwing the box (marked fragile and live animals) in the air while spinning it (like he was getting ready to shoot a freethrow), then set it down on the counter and start using it as a bongo drum and grinning stupidly at me...yes this really happened.
Oh...ouch:eek:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Living in a small town has its advantages. Alas only a few. My crickets get VIP handling. I get a phone call from the postal clerk saying they have arrived. .. And my Yuris.

·
Registered
835 Posts
This would have been the precise moment that I showed up on a bad episode of COPS. I would have snatched him right out of his Chuck Taylors.

I pick up my Chazutas Wednesday. It's my first time for receiving frogs via carrier. To say that I am a little stressed is an understatement.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
This would have been the precise moment that I showed up on a bad episode of COPS. I would have snatched him right out of his Chuck Taylors.

I pick up my Chazutas Wednesday. It's my first time for receiving frogs via carrier. To say that I am a little stressed is an understatement.
LOL. I hope your guys are fine and healthy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts