Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank is fully set up and cycled, I've got a local supplier picked out, and my temps and humidity all seem pretty good. But one final question (and apologies in advance if this is a silly question) but how do I actually...put them in the tank? Should I set the container they come in in the tank and wait for them to crawl out? Give the side a little tap to encourage them? Should I have flies in there already, or wait a while before feeding?

If anybody whose done this before could give me a sort of play-by-play on how to safely and appropriately rehome my new frogs, I would really appreciate it.

Details: I have a 35 hex tank with a GS background, and will be getting 3-4 unsexed leucs with the intention of keeping the first two that begin calling.

·
Super Moderator
3,088 Posts
I just put the container with the frogs in it into the tank, take the lid off the container with the frogs, and leave the room for a couple of hours so that they can get acquainted with their new housing with as little extra stress as possible

·
Registered
Dendrobates Leucomelas
203 Posts
I got mine last Thursday. I opened the container inside the viv one hopped right out I gave the other a little nudge with a leaf and off they went. Now they are settling in nicely, foraging on the occasional fruit fly and fungus gnats.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts