Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok since i have so many various oaks species and two species of magnolia trees. which is pesticide, herbicide free. and its my property i was wondering how the process works.

the price that you guys sell the leaves
shipping cost
size of container
etc
if you guys who do sell could you help me out.
thank you brian.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I sold leaves a few years ago, now I sell/give away leaves periodically but I usually just use them for my own tanks. A few tips:
Many people use PayPal, it's much easier and more convenient than other forms of payment for most customers, so create an account if you don't already have one.
Keep shipping as low as possible... nothing deters people from buying than when you have to pay $8 shipping for $5 worth of leaves. If you can pay a couple bucks each order and offer them with free shipping, that may help.
Either give them a quick run in the oven or advise the buyer to do a quick sterilization- even though they are pesticide free, it never hurts to be sure with some little critters.
I sold leaves for about 10/$1... but I had an almost endless supply on some bulk orders so I could give much bigger discounts on larger buys. Along the same lines as this, always give plenty of freebies.
Those were just some of my personal experiences. It certainly wasn't a huge money making business, but I guess it was worth the time/effort to harvest, pack, and ship the leaves, and gave some extra money for plants/ other viv supplies.
Good luck,
Bryan

Reactions: Krenshaw22

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sold leaves a few years ago, now I sell/give away leaves periodically but I usually just use them for my own tanks. A few tips:
Many people use PayPal, it's much easier and more convenient than other forms of payment for most customers, so create an account if you don't already have one.
Keep shipping as low as possible... nothing deters people from buying than when you have to pay $8 shipping for $5 worth of leaves. If you can pay a couple bucks each order and offer them with free shipping, that may help.
Either give them a quick run in the oven or advise the buyer to do a quick sterilization- even though they are pesticide free, it never hurts to be sure with some little critters.
I sold leaves for about 10/$1... but I had an almost endless supply on some bulk orders so I could give much bigger discounts on larger buys. Along the same lines as this, always give plenty of freebies.
Those were just some of my personal experiences. It certainly wasn't a huge money making business, but I guess it was worth the time/effort to harvest, pack, and ship the leaves, and gave some extra money for plants/ other viv supplies.
Good luck,
Bryan
Thank you for all the info. I may be selling in the future. This help me out a lot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts