Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just thinking outloud here and pondering a couple of things

I got a breeder pair that should soon start doing the dirty deed and I got a good idea how I'm going to set up the tad pole tank but once they are past the tad stage do you guys house them individually in small containers or group them together in similar size etc..etc. I'm just trying to prepare for when this happens

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool that did help give me an idea thanks for the tidbit lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
190 oz containers like what you see at Joshsfrogs work nicely for new froglets. After that I move em to a bigger rubbermaid with a glass top, filled with spag and topped with leaf litter.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
10 gallons.... hydroton, substrate, leaf litter, a few film canisters, & clay backgrounds for a little extra calcium, plus load of springs/isos. If I get too many froglets & fill all of those, 15 quart tubs for backup/overflow.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have mine set up in several 10 gallon tanks. I like them much better than sterilite containers or totes because you can clearly see the froglets all the time.

Each one is fairly simple... false bottom, sphagnum & leaf litter for substrate, a ton of pothos covering about 1/3 of one side of the tank, and a single large rock.

They seem to like it just fine...they are always out and about and hunker down in the pothos area for naps/sleeping.

It's also simple to tear down once a group of froglets is gone. The sphagnum, leaf litter, and pothos get thrown away. Then just boil the rock and fill the tank containing the false bottom with bleach water and let it sit overnight. Easy-peasy!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may see what I can pick up from the store next time they do there 1.00 per gallon sale. maybe I can get lucky and pick up some 5 gallon tanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
This thread was actually perfect timing as it dawned on me that I wont be able to ship through winter. Since I have to add a second rack, I have room for 8 10's to use as growouts. I love the big sterilties but they take up too danged much space in our little place.

Thanks for making me spend more money Wendy !

·
Registered
391 Posts
mine are in a sterilite container. only 3 more weeks and theyll be in their 60G :)

·
Banned
65 Posts
Noob here, but I decided to use tiny 2 1/2 gallon glass tanks to individually house my first froglets when they first morph out. It's not the most economical option, and I know they will need bigger quarters when they get older, but I am hoping that the tiny tanks will offer a good first terrestrial environment because I can keep the humidity super high and the flies should be easy to catch.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like that growout area Glenn. Nice and neat!

Just because I’m nosey I must ask, what’s in the tubs on the bottom and at the top? I’m always searching for different ways of making a better mousetrap. :)

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I like that growout area Glenn. Nice and neat!

Just because I’m nosey I must ask, what’s in the tubs on the bottom and at the top? I’m always searching for different ways of making a better mousetrap. :)
Thanks!

I keep all my sphagnum, leaves, coco, etc in them. Out of site out of mind.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts