Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my tricolors started breeding as soon as I got them, now I have 16 tads that I pulled, and about 10 more in a water dish in the tank, and I just saw the male transporting more! If I take the water dish out and there's nowhere to deposit tads, will they stop? My collection is about to go from 30 to about 60 pretty soon! What do I do?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Taking the water bowl out will probably not make them stop, it will just keep the male from getting tads into the water so they would die.. The best way to get a pair to stop breeding is to separate them for a little while in separate tanks.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I'll send you my address so you know where to ship them to....

Try not feeding as heavily, reduce the amount of times you mist them, turn down the temp a few degrees, any of those things may make the frogs stop breeding. Frogs will still breed even if there is no water in which to deposit the tads.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah my Santa Isabel's breed like a factory with or without access to water. The only way I have been able to get them to stop successfully is to separate them...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a feeling I was going to have to separate them... Guess I'll be forced ;) to go build another tank...

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I had a feeling I was going to have to separate them... Guess I'll be forced ;) to go build another tank...
I'm right there with you. I can't shut my Green Sirensis down!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts