Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see from my signature, I am not in a position to have any breeding going on. However, now that I have mastered the basic care for them, I now wish to start breeding. How should i introduce new frogs to vivaria? I am aware of the issues with fighting, bullying, etc. but i do not know how to introduce a new frog to a vivarium with established frogs. Can someone give me some advice on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The only option you have is to try putting the new frogs in the viv and pay close attention.n Check if they are eating and there isnt no bullying going on. Azureus are terrestrial frogs. Make sure you have enough space when putting new frogs in and ENOUGH hiding spots. I bought three leucs in may and in july i bought three chocolate leucs. I put the chocolate leucs inside and they did fine. :D

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
If you have the 2 male Azureus and introduce a female to the same tank it will be WW III for a while. How long it will last, who knows.

I would have to say the best would be to trade a male for a female. If you want to try the 2.1, I would remove the frogs from the tank and move stuff around. Add some wood, plants, etc. Pull some plants. Introduce all 3 back into the tank at the same time. You may or may not have 2 males that will get along. Be prepared to pull a male...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts