Dendroboard banner

How Conservation Minded Is the Hobby?

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  MonarchzMan 
It is hard to be in the world we live in now and still try to save it. Everything we see as a need usually has some negative effect out there. I try to do my part by reducing use of many things. I don't have to preach there is info on a million things to do out there. I am very happy to say that I helped my parents set up a 175 gallon pond last year with lots of hardy plants like lilies and horsetail ferns and many other plants. My dad almost put koi in it but I told him I would eat his koi if he did. When I was there this weekend I was very happy to find grey tree frogs happily calling and eating around this very pond. They are on the edge of a town but still didn't think it would be that fast. Anyway there is always more that can be done. If you have a local zoo, check with them. When I still worked in the zoo world there was always some fundraiser and project going on to support. We did a lot for umbrella species as well as things like atelopus and wyoming toads. Ray that sounds great. I hope more people can help Devin out. Im just glad this is something being brought up, always a good subject.
Logan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.