Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
there are some NEO BROM sellers from AUSTRALIA on ebay that will ship to the USA, not sure if they have that moss--shoot them a message and see what they can do.
I'm sure they wont ship overseas, if they do its either illegally or at huge expense. As for umbrella moss, if its possible to obtain spores then that should be a legal way to obtain this moss, sending seeds is legal and easy.

·
Registered
393 Posts
If it ever becomes available, I'd definitely be in line to get some of the spores. It looks amazing.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
are you sure that you have identified it correctly?? If you can identify it with the Latin name, it may be easier to get...It is attractive--would remind you of the ground cover--can't remember the name--popular OR Latin...ground cedar??? Oops...just reread the post and see that you DO have the "proper name"--sorry...

·
Registered
635 Posts
two out of three of times when I brought stuff in from south asia I got lucky and had some similar looking mosses that came in growing in some of the plants. They didn't make it past three months - they like highland conditions

As for importing plants - no it's not cheap and takes alot of patience, time, and good weather forecasting (especially luck) Pretty soon I'll do an import of some unusuals from there, maybe i'll get lucky again.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
two out of three of times when I brought stuff in from south asia I got lucky and had some similar looking mosses that came in growing in some of the plants. They didn't make it past three months - they like highland conditions

As for importing plants - no it's not cheap and takes alot of patience, time, and good weather forecasting (especially luck) Pretty soon I'll do an import of some unusuals from there, maybe i'll get lucky again.

who do you buy from when you order.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Maybe you could talk "Hornet" into sending some spores...if you check into the life cycle of the plant, perhaps Hornet would be willing to collect and send the spores to you. Raising sporlings is pretty easy...and acclimating them to the USA and your region might help long term success...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts