Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am building to quick tanks today and would like to eventually set them up for a mistking system. I want to do the drilling now however so as not to disturb the inhabitants when it's time to add it. How big of a hole should I drill for the mistking. I also plan on adding in tank fan so any suggestions on hole size for that would be great as well.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Mistking uses 5/8" for standard nozzles. 1/2" for premium nozzles. In my opinion, the premium are overkill and totally unnecessary. They give exactly the same mist and mist pattern. They are simply made of heavier duty materials. They have a metal collar instead of nylon and the nylon that is used is glass reinforced instead of standard nylon. These parts are under no stress and I've never seen one break.
Your glass bits can be found on eBay for less than $10.

I used 5/8 holes for my fan installations, too, using this tutorial. DIY Air Circulation | GlassTropics
According to the tutorial, 1/2" would have worked too.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
They are also smaller and more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. If you want a nice tight fit on the premium nozzle, drill with a 12 mm bit.

David

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I have both nozzles and both will fit on a 5/8" hole. The premium nozzle bulkheads just barely cover the hole though.

·
Registered
436 Posts
go on ebay for the drill bit. do NOT spend $30 at lowe's, total waste. i got mine on ebay for $10, including shipping. 5/8" for standard mistking, 1/2" for premium.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts