Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased one frog sub adult from my local pet store the next day I received my 3 others azureus all 4 from joshs frogs once they arrived I noticed that my pet store frog was quite bigger and did not realize my joshs frogs would be their size how do I know if all the frogs will be getting adequate food?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
The first thing you should be concerned with is quarantining them separately to make sure they don't cross infect each other, in the event that they are carrying some pathogen of parasite.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They been together for a week at this point I think that would be irrelevant I was just wondering if anyone had advice who may have had a similar situation where you have to raise smaller frogs with a larger one I am unable to to get another tank so building one is unfortunately not an option at this point

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never said I was professional right? first tank first frogs kinda thought this site was built to help people right? That last comment was in no way of any help but thanks anyway

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that's after he deleted his comment that said apparently good husbandry is irrelevant and replaced that with good luck

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
That's exactly my point. If you're not willing to follow basic frog husbandry 101, step 1...why should I bother?

You'll be out of the hobby in a year anyway.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First of all none of this has anything at all to do with my original question! I wanted advice regarding housing froglets with sub adults let's say they all came from the same place so no fecal testing neccessary are there any signs that I should be aware of that in the event it will be something that I will notice early. And rusty really ur opinions stupid I'm sure u have 1000 frogs and knew everything there was to know about them the day you bought them. I did research online for about 6 months before even building my tank about what they eat humidity temp pairs breeding feeding mating building my tank misting systems "irrelevant" good husbandry that you keep preaching for my first frogs they are all healthy active bold and eating I wanted advice from someone who may have had a similar experience or maybe could give advice with out preaching in a demeaning fashion. Only reason I'm not I've never heard of it I'm not dismissing it as good advice but I feel like if that were very very important I would have at least read about, and doubt there are vets for darts near me nor do I have the money to spend on something that may not be even neccesarry at this point.

·
Registered
105 Posts
To answer your question, research indicates *robot voice*, that there will almost always be rivalry between smaller and larger frogs, maybe the larger frogs will dominate more while feeding, or bully smaller frogs off certain areas of the tank cause it belongs to them.

I'd maybe just watch them for any aggression, but i would defiantly have another tank just in case they do start fighting or wrestling with each other, you will have another tank for them to be separated to and that could easily save your frogs.

Pics?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the advice that's all I was looking for and yea I have some pics hold one one second I have to upload them to photobucket

·
Banned
213 Posts
That's exactly my point. If you're not willing to follow basic frog husbandry 101, step 1...why should I bother?

You'll be out of the hobby in a year anyway.
First tank and first frogs.

Your advise to house seperate was a week late. Kinda like after a car accident telling someone they should of stopped faster....

They don't want to get fecals , so you basically say $%$ off?

You expect everyone to do months or years of research before buying frogs....
Not really realistic. Many impulse buys.....

We could go to congress and see about a application / qualification process, with maybe a 6 month waiting period:cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rusty and jacobi would you at least look at my pics through the link and tell me what you think? I think it was well thought out for my first tank.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Rusty's right, and you shouldn't be talking down to him considering he's one of the most knowledgeable members on this forum. Hes just trying to make a point and by fussing about it your doing nothing but putting yourself up for those kinds of comments. And on the side of getting your question answered, if the difference in size is that dramatic you could separate the larger one and feed them like that until maturity. But with that your also looking at introducing older frogs, and that doesn't necessarily work out that well sometimes. On a side note i currently have a group of terrabilis and one of them is incredibly smaller than the others but still eats twice as much as the larger ones. So really the decision is up to you, you could try to keep them together at the start, but if it really doesn't work out then you could always try that alternative.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts