Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple questions about getting my first frogs. I have an 18x18x14 exo terra and am planning on getting a couple of d. auratus that are about 5 months old. Am i going to have to keep them in a smaller steralite tub until the grow a little or can they go right into the tank. Also since they are coming from the same place and they are the first frogs in the viv will they need to be quarantined?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
It's always good to quarantine before putting them in their permanent viv. This way if they do have parasites or something nasty it won't infect your whole nice big viv.

·
Registered
596 Posts
A couple questions about getting my first frogs. I have an 18x18x14 exo terra and am planning on getting a couple of d. auratus that are about 5 months old. Am i going to have to keep them in a smaller steralite tub until the grow a little or can they go right into the tank. Also since they are coming from the same place and they are the first frogs in the viv will they need to be quarantined?

Thanks
I would quarantine them for a couple weeks in a sterilite container.....plus it's easier to make sure they are over the stress of transport, and feeding well. After a couple weeks, if they are feeding well, put them in the viv and let them explore!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts