Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
332 Posts
I build my hoods too. This is the one over my 135 gallon viv. Its built out of 1/2 sanded plywood and pine. It sets on the to of the tank and bolts to the plastic lip. Everything is organized into layers: screen, then 6 T-12 40 Watt bulbs, a layer of MDF coated with aluminium foil tape, above all that are the vent and circulation fans and the plumbing for an irrigation system I never finished. It is hinged in the back with a 72in piano hing. It works well, but it is kind of heavy to lift. All the balast and controls are in the stand below.

Hood open:

Controls:

The tank doesn't look the same anymore, but the stand and hood do. So here they are:

· Registered
332 Posts
I found a company that does solid state interval timers, similar to what you described and had planned on ordering one, but never got around to it. If you can get a schematic and parts list that would be great. Thanks.

· Registered
332 Posts
No, I don't have the link anymore either to give you the actual name. They were a parts manufacture that made glass tubes and soild state interval timers. Was Green Air where the one you are useing came from?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.