Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have recently begun experimenting with making my own faux rock backrounds from pink insulation foam and some other things. Based off joshs frogs how to make your own rock background youtube video. I made 3 small ones that fit into the inside of my 5 gallon grow tanks and a "stacked" rock background glued to a false bottom that fits into a 15 gallon long. Just kind of putsing around but I think they turned out fairly well for a first try. Just looking for some feedback or any pointers or ideas you would like to share.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, they are pretty cheap to make. About $30 to $40 in materials and i still have enough foam to make more than i will ever need. It also gives my art major mother something to do between her bouts of nothing. I debating how l should let them air out and if the acrylic paint could he harmful to the frogs.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I like them! looks great my try at the faux rock didnt turn out so well. i really like how you done yours plus having the coco hut sitting up off the eggcrate gives it a different look. Now just to get it planted!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Acrylic is not harmful. allow it to fully dry for about a week before getting wet. it has to be completely dry all the way through to be waterproof. if your layers are thick then wait a little longer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put together the 3 small tanks with cuttings from plants I have and some other things. Still deciding what I want to do with the larger one. These should make nifty little grow tanks.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts