Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from vacation to find that my original culture of fruitflies which i got maybe 4 weeks ago has produced unbelivably in the 9 days i was gone. Every spot on the coffie filter is covered in fruitflies. I dont know what to do. I cant feed them to my luecs, because im not getting them for another month so im in a real spot.
Right now ill set up another culture(which would be my third) and then flush them. I have just been releasing them into the atmostphere but im afraid this many could do something to the environment, or at least my moms garden :lol:.
The question is is his a suitable plan or not?

Also on a side note if im going to be getting 3 leuc froglets how many cultures do u think i should have producing?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Keep making cultures. Try making them every 3, 5 or 7 days. Believe me its better to have too many than too few.

-Richard

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yeah definately make more cultures, you never know when you might get mold or a culture will crash. I would have at least 3 or 4 for your froglets to be safe. Use the extra flies to make new cultures and flush any extra to keep the cultures from crashing. Putting them in a cooler area should slow down production until you are ready to make more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts