Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have a trio of green imitators 2:1 (i think) For the last year I have only heard half enthusiastic treeeeeeeeeeeeps. Out of them. I had them in a 20 gallon, rarely misted them, but hugh humidity. There were lots of broms, and a snake plant, and some fern that appeared out of the blue. I also put in a long chunk of ghost wood for them. Well I kept them somewhat wet, and drained the tank when I could.
I had an empty 18 gallon high that was well planted and doing nothing much, Lots of pothos, house ivy and a single large brom. And plenty of leaf litter. Well five minutes after transplant the frog room is alive with the vibrant calls from D. Imitators. It is down right noisy. But I like it. I have no ida how long it will last. I just wanted to post that I made a change to one my frogs and got an interesting result. So if you have a lack luster pair of ??? mix things up for them and see what happens.
Dave

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
They are pretty loud, no imagine that at 3 in the morning with the tank right next to your bed when your sleeping :shock:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I like the call too, but this was the night of the first day they started calling and I wasnt expecting it at all.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
I have 2 tanks of them in our bedroom, and they have woke me up a couple of times. They are a bit loud, but love to go nuts and have call offs between the 2 tanks at 2-3am... Strange littls guys, but both tanks are laying for me so all is well.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Kyle are yours giving you good eggs now? My pair has been courting for the past three months every day all day long, and still no eggs. I dont know what else to change, right now they are in a 10 g with 3 fireballs, two large peperomia caperta's and lots of pothos. I feed em springtails and melangosters.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Yea i'm getting good eggs from both sets, I may even have another set, hard to tell. I have 8 tads in the water, and about 10 more good eggs. We will see if thye morph out.

Give them time, and if oyu truely have a pair they will figure it out.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
They're definitely a pair, so I will just give them more time, and decrease the temps. alittle

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
the frogs calling is one of the neatest things about keeping them. The other day my imitators woke me up just after three hours of sleep and I still rolled out of bed to see if I could get a good look at the male doing his thing. But my eyes were so damn foggy it took for ever to get them back in focus. Im really want pums because of how much I hear they call.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Itis a great call, and the imitator looks so cool when it calls, they're whole body puffs up and their throat gets huge, I just wish all my other frogs had a loud call like my leucs and imis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts