Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks i'm going to be making a new vivarium i have a few question for the wiser than me people out there

1. has anyone ever used seaclear aquariums they are acrylic
2. can i drill acrylic, i wanna have a drain hole for water, my other option was to get a oceanic reef ready(glass) aquarium that are predrilled with two holes.
3. anyone know another compagnie that offers predrilled aquariums or a custom type place that i wont have to sell a kidney to buy one.

if im off my rocker let me know. i realise that lots of you use false bottoms but i though holes would be fun too :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cause i dont have tools, i know that sounds stupid but if i have to buy tools to build the thing cost go up.
also what do you use to cover the wood.

·
Registered
487 Posts
cyberloach said:
hi folks i'm going to be making a new vivarium i have a few question for the wiser than me people out there

1. has anyone ever used seaclear aquariums they are acrylic
2. can i drill acrylic, i wanna have a drain hole for water, my other option was to get a oceanic reef ready(glass) aquarium that are predrilled with two holes.
3. anyone know another compagnie that offers predrilled aquariums or a custom type place that i wont have to sell a kidney to buy one.

if im off my rocker let me know. i realise that lots of you use false bottoms but i though holes would be fun too :D
1. I havnt. Is it like the Eclipse aquariums?

2. You can drill acrylic, but silicone wont adhere to it to my understanding, so most use glass.

3. If you can make the drive to oakville, http://www.oakvillereefgallery.com can drill your aquarium, and customize it however you want. You can ask for an acrylic tank.

M.N

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow thanks moe never new that place existed, kinda weird since it's like 3 exits away on the highway from me.

yeah seaclear is similar to eclipse but more elaborate they have large bow tanks and corner unit and some weird shaped ones

1 - 6 of 6 Posts