Dendroboard banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
So who is still around that is working with them and what line?
I still have a group that descended from 4 lamasi purchased at Frog Day, 2010. All I know is that they had come from the Czech line and the parents were from Europe. I assume that puts them in with the Tor Linbo importation, but I'd love to know more about their origin.

I'm not sure I can say I'm really "working" with them, :) I mostly just leave them alone in a 40g overplanted, humid tank and they make buckets of babies. I've never really gotten a real count on how many are in there, but I see new eggs and babies all the time. I'll have to audit that tank eventually, but I'm not looking forward to that.

Incidentally, most of the eggs I see are actually layed on the vertical glass. There are a few film canisters in there too, but I've never really checked them.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Buckets of babies...really? Care to trade for diversity?
Dammit, your going to make me inventory that tank, aren't you? :)

PM me and we can arrange something. I'm crazy busy currently but maybe in a month or so?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I'm embarrassed to discover after comparing all kinds of conflicting information, that it's much more likely the frogs I have are Orange Panguana Sirensis, and not Highlands. I apologize to those whom I've been in correspondence with.

I knew the breeder and the importation and still had a hell of a time getting an accurate diagnosis. Apologies.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone still working with highlands?? I currently have two from Josh's frogs

·
Registered
767 Posts
based on what I've seen on facebook... I feel like this thread needs a bump.
Indeed... interesting comments from the new Netherlands shipment on facebook.

I've got a 1.2 that I traced back to have come from Josh's Frogs & Rich Frye. It's very tempting to add in some new blood from this coming group, especially since I haven't had any production from my trio yet. Although they've only been together a few weeks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'd love to get this thread back from the dead. It seems like there are still a fair number of people working with these frogs. I just acquired a group of 3 from the Holland line - I assume 2016. It looks like they may turn out to be all male which I sort of see as a good thing as it will hopefully allow me to find some females to finish out a non sibling breeding group of 5 or 6.

Any particular line that would be seen as better or worse for mixing with these? I assume, as stated above, it would be better for the limited genetics of this species/locale to mix these males with something other than the 2016 Dutch imports.

Also, anyone have experience or opinions on female:male ratios for breeding success.

Thanks for any info.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts