Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 tek lights 6x54 that I will be useing over my new viv.Is this going to be enough light for plants,and do I need any kind special lights for frogs. Thanks.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
How is the tank oriented? Are you going to have the light passing through glass or other plastics?

Ed

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Since the light is going to pass through glass, then you might as well not bother using any special lighting as the wavelengths of UVB etc are not going to pass through the glass.

It is going to depend on how you want the tank to look due to the light. I would suggest 6500 K lights.

Ed

·
Registered
841 Posts
2 6x54 t5ho will be plenty of light for plants over a 8 foot tank at 2 feet depth. i agree with ed about the 6500 light temp but would suggest putting in one or 2 3k bulbs to help warm the spectrum up a bit. i am currently using a 50/50 mix of 6500 and 3000 but i will probably change the mix in different fixtures to see what it does to the look and see if it affects how well things bloom. lots of good advice, and plenty of odd stuff too, on the pot growing boards. they are very motivated to get good growth and lots of blooms on their crop.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I can suggest you put also LED strip of warmer color (about 3000K), or 2-3 compact fluorescent lamps / energy saving lamps as evening lighting.
Also LED are interesting for simulating godrays. You have big enought tank for such additions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts