Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Nothing (well, I have fish, but I don't think that's what this is asking)
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I am new here and want to learn more about Dart Frogs! I keep planted aquariums so message me if you want to chat fish. Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
Really? Cool! Do you have any planted tanks?
Not anymore :) My 90 was a high tech planted tank for over 10 years and I had a lot of fun. However, I converted it to a vivarium a couple of years ago and have not regretted the decision! No more water changes, no more emergency culling due to overshadowed plants, no more ferts, and no more algae :) It was fun while I still had it, though. I used to grow huge patties of Riccia so that I could use it in my frog tanks. Turns out, though, that having my frog tanks wet enough to grow stuff like Riccia and mosses is not all that great for the frogs, so I don't have many planted tank plants in my tanks anymore. I am happy with all frog vivs now :)

Mark

·
Super Moderator
3,056 Posts
Long time (30 years) aquarist here, too. :)

Hopefully helpful thread about the transition into darts:

Reactions: Encyclia

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not anymore :) My 90 was a high tech planted tank for over 10 years and I had a lot of fun. However, I converted it to a vivarium a couple of years ago and have not regretted the decision! No more water changes, no more emergency culling due to overshadowed plants, no more ferts, and no more algae :) It was fun while I still had it, though. I used to grow huge patties of Riccia so that I could use it in my frog tanks. Turns out, though, that having my frog tanks wet enough to grow stuff like Riccia and mosses is not all that great for the frogs, so I don't have many planted tank plants in my tanks anymore. I am happy with all frog vivs now :)

Mark
Nice! No water changes sounds like heaven lol.
Long time (30 years) aquarist here, too. :)

Hopefully helpful thread about the transition into darts:

Oh cool! Do you have a favorite fish? Thanks for the link!
Hi! I also have several planted tanks. What fish do you have?
Many, but my favorites are my corys and my betta. I love plecos tho and am getting a bn soon for my 29g. U?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Many, but my favorites are my corys and my betta. I love plecos tho and am getting a bn soon for my 29g. U?
I have many as well. My snails are my favorites, but I love my corys and betta as well, and I also have a beautiful large school of tiger barbs. I love plecos as well!

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
I like fish. Have worked next to some good guys. My personal interest are Bettas.

Dude, i had a Black One!!! Solid black.

·
Super Moderator
3,056 Posts
Currently, I keep cardinal tetras, marble and silver hatchets, and sterbai corys. My group of about fifteen sterbai are 12 years now, so they're getting long in the tooth, but when I need to I'll replace them with more sterbai. :)

Reactions: Acorn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow so many keepers with so many cool favorite fish fish!

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
I love Cardinal Tetras. Truly i do. And corys too!!.

I have thought DB should encorperate husbandry 'sciences' beyond limited parochial ideologies, to include multidisciplinary formats. As overspecialization leads to a disarray of cohesion, knowledge and appied understanding.

Some things are transferable, some other things - Not.

An acuity, not an ideology, makes for a talented keeper. With or without available "citations" or "articles,"

We know what weve done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts