Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... three months ago i purchased two azureus that...well... I didn't get them from an ideal source (pet shop) but they needed someone to take care of them and I had been reading for some months so here I am with two froggies! I am not sure of the sex of either as I am new to this hobby. I am also not sure of their age. They seem to be in good health - they eat like little piggies! They are in a temporary 10 gallon false bottom with a little waterfall - some moss- jungle vine, etc. So here goes with the questions- can anyone tell from the pics if they are male or female? Also - they seem to get plump little bellies on them but their backs and little butts are still so bony looking! Is this normal? I dust with a half and half mix of herptivite with beta carotene and Rep-Cal phosphorous free calcium with vitamin D at every feeding - here's the weird part... their skin looks discolored in some places... the only thing I can compare it to is someone who drinks lots of carrot juice can actually get an orange tinge to their skin. My daughter has this from lots of V8 juice. I know they are sensitive to vit A but this dust has beta carotene for the frogs to convert so I don't think I am poisoning them but the orangey- yellowy thing with their coloring has me worried. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks ! The first and second links are close ups and I think you can get a good idea of toe pads. The third link is after they started looking kind of orange...hope you can see the slight color shift.... and I am praying these links work! Thanks again!

Eve

http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosti ... CF2073.jpg
[/url]

[/img]

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:? Did those links work for anyone? Because they didn't work when I checked them! Can anyone tell me how to post pics in with the body text? Thanks!

Eve

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
They both seem really healthy to me with normal coloring. I know that you might be far from the DC area, but it might be a good way for you to get more involved with the hobby.

Follow these threads:

http://www.dendroboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3960

http://www.dendroboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4047

I have been bitten by PDFs! Although I'm just a beginner, I am learning fast. That being said, I would like to learn a lot more and quicker! In order to facilitate this learning curve, I have been talking to MANY DC metro area froggers to have an occasional get together. I know it would be sort of far for you, but I think it might be your best option. Including me, 12 are interested. Are you interested? I was thinking Sunday mornings. This is going to be the most difficult thing to do...select a date where most of us can attend. It would be a good way to trade, sell, group buys and discuss PDFs. Outside of that, here is a list of some possible topics (please feel free to add to this list):

1. Producing specific care sheets for every frog owned by members.
2. Breeding frogs.
3. Vivariums - show vs breeding vs functional.
a. Work shop - "How to construct a vivarium."
4. Plants.
5. Group buys (i.e., FCA acrylic tanks for under $100.00 - still in the works).
6. Husbandry and Diseases.
7. Food - who has had success with what.
8. Conservation (Sustaining the hobby).
9. Trades.
10. Sell or Auction.

We already have the site of our first two meetings:

1. Scott Menigoz (smenigoz)
2. Mike (Dunner97074)
3. Both of the above have already graciously volunteered their place. Let me know if you want to host one!?!?

Here is the current list:

1. David Martin (dmartin72)
2. Sean Stewart (seanstew)
3. Scott Menigoz (smenigoz)
4. JustinYeager (yeager)
5. Richard SInes (tuthelimit)
6. Yuri Huta (Yuri)
7. Scott (dartsanddragons)
8. Mike (Dunner97074)
9. Nia Sefcikova (nana_enes)
10. Corey Wickliffe (KeroKero)
11. Dawn Griffin (Dawn)
12. Jared Johnson (Jared J)
13. Van Robinson (Van)
14. Tim Rader (TimsViv)
15. Josh (JoshKaptur)
16. Sue Frederick (mmunchkins)
17. Damon Kraft (4thecrue)
18. Nick Morin (NickMorin)
Please add yourself to the list if you are interested

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! A dendro group in our area would be awesome! I would absolutely love to get involved! Sunday mornings would be bad for me- but a friday evening would work...I couldn't do the drive every month but every couple would be cool. I would love to host one but put more than 4 or 5 people in my apt. and it would burst at the seams! I didn't realize that there were so many froggers around here- I was starting to get jealous of the mid-west ! Sounds great - count me in! Just let me know when the details are ironed out. :D

Eve Stavropoulos

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now, about those pesky photos...Thanks Khoff- I would have never noticed that they are all the same. Did the one link work for you? It looks like dmartin was able to see it- but when I check it I get nothing. I will try how you said to do it and maybe I will have some luck. Thanks

Eve

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I give up...the stupid image host keeps giving me a failed login...today just is not my day. I will try again tomorrow- thanks for your help though.

Eve[/img]

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Stitch! Good idea... ok so I put the pics in the gallery. They are on page 7 of the user albums. So if anyone could take a peek and tell me their thoughts on the sex of these frogs. The pic sitting in the waterbowl was the only one taken after the coloration thing started and you can only see it ever so slightly around his/her snout. Thanks in advance for taking the extra effort to go find the pics. Also do they look bony to anyone? Thanks again!

Eve S.

·
Registered
428 Posts
In the first picture - the one in the front looks like a male.
In the second picture - the frog, also, looks like a male.

Tim

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Joshua, you have a PM.

Thanks,

David

joshua_delancey69 said:
I would love to come to one of the meetings to meet all of you guys when is the one in dec. and where i would be driving about 7-8 hours would be worth it to put faces to names.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts