Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to start building an twenty gallon tank for dart frogs. What I want to get D. azureus. I would like in 5-6 years to build a 4' x 5' x 2' terrarium for frogs geckos and possibly vampire crabs. My plan is to learn all I can and get some experience with them over the next couple of years. What I want to know is would D. azureus be a good candidate for my final plan? And what gecko if any would be a good choice? Or what frog would not have any issues with cross breading or toxicity issues. And again I will be keeping them separately for a few years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you earthfrog I had already read that and found I needed a lot of space and experience first. I just didn't want to start off with a frog I could never incorporate into a lager co habitat.

But thank you Wallace Grover it looks like reed frogs would be much better for that situation.

So it looks like I will just learn what it takes to care for frogs with the D. azureus and maybe have more frogs in the future. Now back to planning my first viv.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Azureus are terrestrial frogs, they like a horizontal setup, for starters. Lots of good leaf litter and a cocohut for shelter will be a good idea, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts