Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thought I would say hi, I’ve been lurking for a wile, I’m pretty new at the frog thing me and my husband have 2 dart frog tanks and I have to say they are some of the most interesting animals we own.
Anyway thought I would share some pics of them,

Michelle

G

·
Nice tanks and Frogs! How does that water fall thing work. did you silicone the gravel to the incline of something? Any construction pics or more pics of the Azure tanks? Also what sort of filtration do you have in that pond?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Furizzl, I might have some construction pictures Ill have to take a look (when I’m doing the tanks I kinda get focused and tend not to think about that kind of thing till after LOL)
As for the water fall in the Luc tank I used aquarium safe silicon and cut up 2L pop bottles and bent the top of the sides strait so that we had a U shape with flat edges to put the moss on to hold it. kind of like this shape -u- . (I probably didn’t make any sense there did I :p) and then had I think 3 or 4 of those in pieces placed on sacks of clay balls to make the slope. (I will see if I can find some pictures) and a false bottom.
The filtration on that one is a little ehim external fish tank filter that we had lying around (we have lots of fish tanks too) we change out the water every week or two.
As for more pictures there are some on our website http://www.freewebs.com/our_fish/frogs.htm (if you cant see them or something let me know and I will post them here)
I need to get some new pictures soon to, those are a little old :oops: maybe I will put that on the to do list for the weekend;)
Michelle

·
Registered
545 Posts
I noticed the picture of where you think they laid their eggs. If you want to have them lay in a specific spot buy a coconut hut from a local pet store and put a petri dish under it, they will lay there and you can raise the tads and such! Fun stuff,
Everett

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi EverettC, ya I need to update those pictures LOL they all have coconut huts now, and have laid eggs in them a few time, we haven’t had good luck with raising them though, we did get the azures to tads one time but that was as far as we got and they haven’t had eggs since then :( . Its funny one of my lucs has decided that he likes it UNDER the coconut hut (it sits on a piece of cork bark and he can JUST squeeze under it :? )

·
Registered
545 Posts
Haha OK. It took my azureus about 5 clutches to get the tads and about 9 clutches to get the tads to any decent size. They were laying regularly up until my female escaped (and died :(). If you want them to breed more put a standing water source in the aquarium, I used a petri dish.

Everett

G

·
Hi Michelle, just wanted to say your frogs and vivarium look great. I put mine together for my azureus a couple of months ago, an it's beginning to fill in a little. I've been lurking for awhile as well (gathering info). Where did you pick up your azureus?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey hepka,
Well we have a friend who owns a small pet store here and we got him to get them for us, he has a few kinds himself and we fell in love with them when we where over visiting, he is also the breeder that we got our African Grey parrot from. And we get all our fish from him too LOL, he’s our animal guy :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts