Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 years old, sorry for the crappy pic 60x24x24 inches

Contains 2 D. azureus

And a breeding population of P. aurotaena, several of which have grown to maturity with any intervention by me.

·
Registered
545 Posts
That is one of the coolest lookin viv's I've ever seen! So that's just creeping fig on the back, a pond and broms? Absolutly amazing

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, there are probably 30 plant species in there, but it's mostly ficus and bromeliads. The pond drains to a sump which is pumped bac up to 2 streams that flow from left to right across the substrate.

Lighting is 2 250 watt halides.

more info and pics here: http://www.danielconnor.com/vivarium.html

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Very nice viv. I didn't realize that there were branches in it until I looked at your site. Very cool. Are the tomopterna still in there? I have a few Phyllomedusa myself.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
s

Thats a dang good lookin tank:shock:. I love it when they finally fill in with plants!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats a beautiful tank, and I dont think the pics are crappy. They look a lot better than most of mine :roll: Anyway, Ive got a question for you; what tempature (kelvin) are the metal halides? Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice viv Dan. That has to be great letting the auros breed on their own.That sure tell you that your viv has everything going for them.
Hvae you caught a male carrying tads yet?
Mark W.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, haven't caught any males. Just noticed tads a couple of time, then frogletts!

Audiotaylor - the lights are 250W mogul 6500K iwasakis.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is really slick.

Are the P. aurotaena and the D. azureus together in that viv or are they separate (sorry if I'm asking a dumb question) :oops:

What are you using for substrate? And how deep is it? When I see streams and ponds and something like a paph in there as well I'd be worried I'd rot out the roots. I assume that the water is contained well enough so that ground doesn't get too soggy. But on that note, it makes me think that phragmipediums would do well in a setup like that since they do seem to appreciate the ground being constantly moist.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, they are both in there together. The treefrogs were in there too, but I gave them away. I just don't like raising/buying crickets!

The substrate is some mix of bark chunks, sphagnum etc. It was a few years ago, I forgot the exact proportions etc. One creek is in a fiberglass trough; the other runs down the inside of a big hollow log. But even so, the substrate is a bit on the damp side. The paph is about 3 years, so I guess its not that bad. It hasn't flowered yet, although many of the epiphytic ones have. A phrag, oddly enough has been barely lingering...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts