Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my last trip to Bogota, I met one of the Prof. grad students, who showed me the Professor's collection while he was off in Africa IIRC. We've kept in touch a bit over the years, and recently I asked if I could post some of his photos here.

He's uploading his Colombian Oophaga/Ranitomeya pictures over the next couple of days, but in the meantime I thought I would post some of the other pictures he's taken. These are not limited to Colombia, there are some from Ecuador, Panama, CR, etc.

He's given me permission to put these up, but please don't use them publicly without asking, as I have no idea if he'd be cool with them being thrown out all over the internet without credit to him.

without further ado, some of the pics of Jose Alfredo Hernandez Diaz of the Universidad de Los Andes (full album @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/snake_charmer21, I linked most of the herp pics but there are a couple of others as well as some awesome scenery & African macrofauna shots):

This is the morph that is likely going to be separated from P. aurotaenia and described as its own species.

Ameerega bilinguis

Dendropsophus marmoratus

Hypsiboas calcaratus

Tripanurgos compressus

Enyaloides sp.

Gonatodes humeralis

·
Registered
620 Posts
Wow. Those are all amazing shots. I especially love the snake shots that your friend grabbed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow, the pic of the vent sitting in that tiny mushroom! Great timing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Those are some amazing pictures. When I first saw the thread I thought I should post some of mine from southeast Asia, but upon review of those I can't come close to how beautiful those are. Thanks for sharing them!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts