Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My toad has little white bugs on his nose. he gets them when he eats his mealworms. I did a little bit of research, and I think they might be mites. Will they harm him? Do I need to get rid of them? There are a couple frogs in the tank, along with a snail for maintenance. Do I need to quarantine the others or do they have it already? Are the mites from the worms? im freaking out a little... has anyone dealt with anything similar before? What should I do? 馃ズ馃槬

Registered
My toad has little white bugs on his nose. he gets them when he eats his mealworms. I did a little bit of research, and I think they might be mites. Will they harm him? Do I need to get rid of them? There are a couple frogs in the tank, along with a snail for maintenance. Do I need to quarantine the others or do they have it already? Are the mites from the worms? im freaking out a little... has anyone dealt with anything similar before? What should I do? 馃ズ馃槬
The media they use to keep/breed mealworms in are very prone to grain mites. I wouldn't think they'd harm your toad but I'm not 100% sure on that. Pics would help but I can almost guarantee they're grain mites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts