Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first dart frogs ever today. I was excited to show my kids (I'm divorced) so I put all three of them in a Zilla micro habitat and headed over to ex wife's place. Two azureus and one yellow Teribillis.

I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for my daughter and when I got back to the car the yellow was gone! Can't believe he got out so quick and through such a small opening!

Any tips on how find him? He's gotta be in the car somewhere. Thanks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
An hour? Depends on humidity. It will likely be hiding in a crevice that is dark right now. Search close to where it escaped from, then move out.

·
Registered
1.1 D.Tinctorius nominat, 0.0.2 D.Tinctorius tumucumaque, (soon)1.1 R.Imitator Varadero
82 Posts
Check under the seats and any little gap they squeeze through nearly everything. Not saying you can’t find it but if you do it will probably die or be dead because of stress and dehydration.
you always should have every place you move them in really well closed. Hope that’s a permanent tank, and I would mix different species and that’s what most people here would say.

·
Registered
1.1 D.Tinctorius nominat, 0.0.2 D.Tinctorius tumucumaque, (soon)1.1 R.Imitator Varadero
82 Posts
hope not but if not learn from it’s hahahahha

·
Registered
82 Posts
did you manage to find it?

·
Registered
441 Posts
It's a tough mistake to make. Heaven knows we have all made some doozies over the years, myself included.

It sounds like you are new to the hobby, so if you get a chance, it might be worth to post some pictures of your setup and frogs and see if we can ensure you are on the right track for success!

I hope you were able to find him!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts