Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really just want to buy "low growing tropical moss" Moss that i have been seeing everywhere but can not find a link or site to buy from. I found that it could be bought here under the marketplace but I need to post 25 times and an undisclosed amount of time must have passed. Can anyone direct me to where to buy this stuff?

·
Registered
45 Posts
“Low growing tropical moss” sounds like a catch all phrase for a wide variety of different mosses. Maybe there’s a specific type tied to that name but I’m not familiar with it (I’m new to this stuff though) but I would imagine you’d be rolling the dice buying something labeled as such. I think you need to narrow what specific type it is that has caught your eye. Maybe post a picture and someone might be able to identify it for you?

As for where to buy mosses I opted with buying dusk moss mix from glass box tropicals. I seeded my tank with it a few weeks ago and am already seeing a variety of different mosses starting to grow but they are all just tiny green heads so I can’t identify them yet.

NE herpetoculture has a mix that a friend of mine used in his tank and it looks great.

Some people report having success with aquarium mosses and I’ve had good experiences ordering both fish and plants from aquaticarts. They carry a decent selection of mosses but you would have to do your own research as to what would work in a terrarium. Their stock changes weekly so you may need to be patient or send em an email.

I know many people sell plants on Etsy so it may be worth looking there as well.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Java moss in the wetter areas of your tank will do well. Just make sure you aren't keeping your frogs in a swamp. The java moss shouldn't be everywhere, if it is, your tank is too wet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts